Donnerstag, 11. September 2008

September 11, 2001 - never to be forgotten, never to be forgiven!

"Seven years ago, ordinary citizens rose to the challenge, united in prayer, and responded with extraordinary acts of courage, with some giving their lives for the country they loved. On Patriot Day, we remember all those who were taken from us in an instant and seek their lasting memorial in a safer and more hopeful world. We must not allow our resolve to be weakened by the passage of time. We will meet the test that history has given us and continue to fight to rid the world of terrorism and promote liberty around the globe."





Dying Words From A New York Tower


My god, I think I'm hit.
A bullet came from nowhere.
The pain is so unbearable.
It hurts so much, I fear.

I fear for you, my brother.
What would you do without me?
We've been standing almost 30 years.
We represent what's free.

I'm scared for what's inside me.
These people are my blood.
I shout despite my gaping wound.
"Rush out me like a flood!"

Below me, singing sirens...
New York's pinnacle of safety.
I just know with all their efforts
They'll bring hope to this strong country.

My brother, hold your stance,
As a bullet flies toward you.
What is this act of violence?
God help the blood in you.

The smoke I cry are tears.
My composure, I must keep.
Please get these lives right out of me.
This wound is just too deep.

Oh, my brother, you've been hit.
Stand stout and just accept
To stand as proud as possible,
Don't let that wound infect.

Listen in the distance...
Increased volume of the crying,
Future widows, future orphans?
Please tell me no one's dying.

No my brother, not you yet!
I see your body diving.
Don't leave me here all by myself.
Not while New York is striving.

I cry for all Americans.
I cry for those 'cross-sea.
I cry for all you wives,
Your spouse is just a memory.

I cry for all you husbands,
Who'll raise your kids alone.
Please cherish as a gift,
The love that made a home.

I'm sorry to the children
With their families now broken.
Hold those memories very tight.
Please keep them as a token.

I don't blame you my brother.
For failing to stand tall.
So many lives escaped your doors,
Before your saddened fall.

New York, what can I say?
You're the greatest in this land.
I guess I'm just so biased
As the leader of this band.

My body's very weary
And I feel that I've been beat.
I pray the lives inside of me
Have made it to the street.

America the beautiful
Will strengthen more than ten-fold.
My absence and my brother's
Will be history that's told

I look to Lady Liberty,
For my last time today.
I weep the words "God Bless America"
As in rubble I will lay.


(Russ Riba)

Keine Kommentare: